Fake news ?

So the video about the fake news in Singapore is really interesting. I feel like when you try to discredit or label somethings being fake, there are certain civil liberties that could be in jeopardy. I don't feel like the government should be able to place labels oneness stories because there seems to be such a huge chance for abusing power. I don't believe the U.S. should even consider adopt any type of legislation similar to this. I think that our current president, really built his image around that fact that, for him, any negative news, is fake news, and I feel as though there because of his views and beliefs. I just don't think the government should be allowed that much control. I feel like it would also create more media bias at some point as well.

Comments

Popular Posts